A J Buckley Asset Management Ltd is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- To minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible, such as in the use of lighting, heating, photo copiers and other electrical appliances.
- To actively promote the efficient use and recycling of paper and any other suitable materials internally, and to engage wherever possible with suppliers who follow a similar environmental policy; for example, in 2010 we recycled over 1,950 kg of paper, which reduced landfill by 6.5 cubic metres.
- To source paper and other office materials that are consistent with general principles of our environmental policy; for example sourcing paper from sustainable sources.
- To minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution of our written materials by promoting digital/online newsletters, market commentaries and portfolio valuations; as well as communicating by telephone or email, where appropriate.
- To use an accredited programme to offset the CO2 emissions generated by our overseas activities, such as offsetting our carbon emissions on flights.
- This environmental policy forms a component of our overall corporate responsibility programme.